Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Notebook has been working OK with win 10 until anniversary update.  Freezing daily.  I want to go back to 7. It is way past 30 day time I could easily go back.  I have a repair disk I made from win 7.   I am still looking but cannot find original disk for win 7. Can I use this to go back from win 10? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

No the repair disk is not an OS install disk it is just used to boot the computer and perform tasks like recover from a system image on an external hard drive. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

No the repair disk is not an OS install disk it is just used to boot the computer and perform tasks like recover from a system image on an external hard drive. 

HP Recommended

Another question, same issue.  Since first question I have noticed a ?drive? labeled D and recovery on file explorer.  It has 18.5 GB data and date is probably the date I first got laptop.  Could this possibly be the system image and be used by the repair disk?

If so and I start process and things don't progress will it be beyond help and need formatting and a new install?

HP Recommended

I appreciate you help GREATLY!!  I know just enough to get myself in trouble.  

THANKS!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.