Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible

I have all my computer information: i.e. I know the serial number, product number,model #, FCC ID and a bunch of other numbers.  All found in Settings - Systems - About.  When I try to activate my Windows Products most of the numbers or letters do not register.  What should I do inorder to activate my Windows.  In the system I found a place where it stated that my Windows products were already activated but I can not get past the *Activate* screen.  Thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI,

THank you for following up with me.  I finally got the solution to my problem.  I was under the impression that when I got "Windows 10" that I was also getting the Microsoft software in the package.  It turns out that I have to buy the Microsoft software.  THis is why my "Device" information mentioned that Windows was activated but I couldn't find the "Product Key Number". 

Times have changed my friend.  It use to be that when you bought a PC you got the CD/DVD - plus the Office Software included.  I have learned a very valuable lesson & maybe now you can tell other customers that they need to buy the software because it isn't included.

Thx for all your help and I do apologize for all the inconvenience this may have cause all of you.

Have a good day.

Jocelyne

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Jocelyne22,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with windows activation. I will be glad to help you.

Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please get back to me with above information, so I can help you better.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Hello, My model number is 13-s120ca It is 64 bit operating system, 64 based processor
HP Recommended

Hi @Jocelyne22,

Thanks for the information.

I need to know what Windows product you are referring to? 

What OS is on the computer Windows 7,8,10?

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

I just bought this laptop brand new.  It is Windows 10 Home 64. 

HP Recommended

@Jocelyne22,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-to-check-your-messages/t...

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

HI,

THank you for following up with me.  I finally got the solution to my problem.  I was under the impression that when I got "Windows 10" that I was also getting the Microsoft software in the package.  It turns out that I have to buy the Microsoft software.  THis is why my "Device" information mentioned that Windows was activated but I couldn't find the "Product Key Number". 

Times have changed my friend.  It use to be that when you bought a PC you got the CD/DVD - plus the Office Software included.  I have learned a very valuable lesson & maybe now you can tell other customers that they need to buy the software because it isn't included.

Thx for all your help and I do apologize for all the inconvenience this may have cause all of you.

Have a good day.

Jocelyne

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.