Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

can i make a bootable cd of HP Recovery drive ? if yes then explain the procedure.

HP Recommended

my laptop doesnt have HP Recovery Manager.i tried the Recovery Managers from hp website but they wont work.kindly help.

HP Recommended

[SOLVED] hi i had the same problem...it just got solved.Actually a dynamic disk means that it can boot from the partion in which the main operating system is there.(for you it is the c drive).so when you try to boot it from some other partion it shows you an error.From the factory your hard disk is preconfigured to be a basic disk.But when you make a partion all the partions change to dynamic discs:

REASON:the laptop can have only 4 basic partions.So when you try to split your c drive your laptop's hard disk gets dynamic.the disadvantage of dynamic is that you cannot boot from some other drive containing the alternate operating system(or in your case the recovery drive).in dynamic type it can boot from only c drive.

SOLUTION:As you have the recovery partion in your computer try to make recovery disks using the Hp Recovery Manager(from start menu).take care of the recovery disks because the laptop allows you to make only a set of disks.Then make a backup of all the files(like movies) that you want to keep and then restart your computer putting the first recovery disk(please remember to boot from the cd drive).the option to boot from cd is available in the BIOS(it is available by pressing esc key or f2 repeatedly,etc when the laptop starts booting).After that it will recover your system back to factory settings.

After that there are two ways in which you can proceed:

WAY 1:if you want your F11 to work dont split your c drive beacuse already 4 basic partions exist in your laptop post recovery.Store all your files in c drive AND your F11 will work!!!!!

WAY 2:

this is for those who want an extra partion for only files.

after that please delete the recovery drive(because you have already made disks and also because it stops you from making a basic partion).(IN THIS CASE F11 WONT WORK...)then you will remain with only 3 basic drives namely hp tools,c drive and system. As i told you earlier we can make 4 basic partions,you shrink the c drive to make one more drive for your files .In this way your recovery drive is not present in your computer(in other words F11 wont work),but to recover you can use the cds.Also for xtra backup you can make disk images of the recovery disks using Daemon Tools and store them into your computer. 

🙂

HP Recommended

This works; get the sw from the second link. Open it after installation (it is on the swsetup folder) choose D-OEM and the first recovery option. After that, restart and right after the bios screen a F10 will appear at the top left of the screen with a 3 second timer. Press F10 as soon as you see it and Recovery Manager will start. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I can not load HP recovery manager ( from start menu ) to make recovery discs.

I upgraded to Windows 7 also, but I want back to factory-settings, I have the FACTORY_IMAGE ( 😧 ) on my computer.

I have a HP Desktop with VISTA Home Premium 32bit OEM. ( at least, the factory-OS from the image )

I tried Agronis or something and I will try something with EasyBCD tomorrow.

Can somebody help me restore my HP computer back to factory-setting using the FACTORY_IMAGE on D : driver, without using HP Recovery Manager or where can I download it?

Thank you very much in advance.

Greets,

Charlie

HP Recommended

@ Charlie

Try this process which works for many>>

1.Right-click on "Computer" icon and select manage.

2.This will launch the Microsoft Management Console

3.On the left side of the MMC, click on "Disk Management" and it will show you all of the partitions.

4.Right-click on the "HP Recovery" partition and select "Mark as Active Partition."

5.When the warning prompt appears, select "Yes" - Reboot and it will automatically boot into the Recovery Manager.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Hi,

That's the first thing I tried, but it didn't help.

I think I solved it by running the MBRinst.exe file and restoring the F-key (just try every F-key from F8 to F11), with the F8-advanced-options-menu, because at the top of that menu it showed "Recovery Options".

I clicked on it and I could restore back to factory settings with the use of Recovery Manager.

If this doesn't work, there is some map called SMINST and in that map there are a lot of files from the Recovery and Factory partition or it's linked with it.

I hope all the HP-customers can solve there issues and continue to enjoy their product(s).

note: After restoring to factory-settings, it is possible you encounter some problems, like the Code Purple Fix and troubles re-activating your OEM-OS.

VISTA OEM-OS is activated by using a program found on the internet. (HP has this thing with MICROSOFT to punish the customers changing/upgrading the hardware and the Windows-OS.)

Regards,

CharlieManie

HP Recommended
Hello guys.
I tried upgrading my pavilion g6 with Windows 10 and the results were not quite satisfactory. Windows 10 installed successfully.... but problem started when the start up menu failed everytime I click on it. Also after powering up my laptop the desktop start blinking for like 30mins! So i decided to go back to win 7 by restoring the factory settings. Half way the machine switched off. When I restarted again there was this message NO OPERATING SYSTEM FOUND. I tried F11 system recovery but the screen just display F11...System Recovery and nothing else.
pls help.
HP Recommended
You sir are a freaking genius!
This worked like a charm... the only thing that did!
HP Recommended
@ DARKinVADER
You sir are a freaking genius!
This worked like a charm... the only thing that did!

"After trying everything you wrote and of course neither worked for me The 1 click restoration became a real nightmare but after one day of trying I succeseded
In my final desperation luckily I found a workaround

My situation:
- make a rescue disc with Paragon Backup & Recovery (Advanced) Free Edition - actually I made it with a pendrive
- boot the laptop with this "disc"
- there is an option (the fourth in my version) to search for possible operating systems on the laptop
- this found my installed Win7 on my drive C and the Vista recovery partition on drive D
- select the vista recovery partition to boot and halelujah

I hope this will help you too!"
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.