Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP630 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi

Could someone point location where I could download installation media for WIN 7 home premium 64 bits, for HP pre-installed windows OS. And which product key I should use (one in back of laptop or one starting with 00359-OEM..) ?

I would like to clean the laptop and start like it was new ? is that even possible ? No need to upgrade OS or anything, just to re-install and start from clean.

Can't use HP Recovery Manager due to lost local admin account informations.

Many thanks for all help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Martti:

You would need this wlan driver for that model card...

This package contains the drivers for the supported Atheros Wireless LAN Adapters in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58001-58500/sp58052.exe

Now if you don't see a network controller device listed in the device manager (that would be the wireless card needing the driver), you probably need to install the HP Connection Manager software, restart the PC and use that software to turn on the wlan card.

This package provides the HP Connection Manager for the supportednotebook models and operating systems.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54945.exe

If that does turn on the wireless card, once it is on, you can uninstall the software if you want.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

This site claims to have official W7 ISO file downloads...

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-iso-download-tool

Click on the link labeled Windows ISO Downloader.exe

You would use the 25 character product key found on the Microsoft Windows COA sticker to activate Windows.

HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks Paul for replay.

I was abled to download iso-file and created boot DVD disk. Since my earlier installation admin password was lost I had to clean everything and install from the beginning. Everything seem to go nice but somehow drivers / or sometrhing for LAN nor WLAN was to setup correctly. So I had installation done but no chances to connect to the nternet. Kids at home didn't accept that 🙂 So finally I had to install Linux to that PC to be able to connect internet.

Still any help to get Windows 7 home premium working as it was originally in that PC would be very helpfull.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You need this ethernet controller (wired lan).

This package provides the Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver that enables the Realtek Network Interface Card (NIC) Chip in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp52001-52500/sp52421.exe

What model wireless network adapter does your notebook have?

Can you see that in Linux?  There are too many model adapters to guess which one your notebook has.

HP Recommended

Thanks again Paul for replay.

After Christmas break started this again. Installed WIN7 again and downloaded the LAN driver as your link and with the cable I got internet working fine. Now my problem is that how to get WLAN/ Wifi working as well. Would you have any tips for that ? I tried to check with msinfo32 application my network card information but there in adapter information not available. So close, but maybe still solvable ?

Br,

-Martti

HP Recommended

Hi, Martti:

Is there a FCC-ID sticker on the notebook anywhere, like on the bottom of the case?

If there is, please post the info on that FCC-ID sticker.

That will define the model wlan card your notebook has.

HP Recommended

Hi
And thanks a lot again Paul

There is below information under battery lid

Contains Atheros Corporation Radio Model AR5B195
FCC ID PPD-AR5B195

Br,

-Martti

HP Recommended

Hi, Martti:

You would need this wlan driver for that model card...

This package contains the drivers for the supported Atheros Wireless LAN Adapters in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58001-58500/sp58052.exe

Now if you don't see a network controller device listed in the device manager (that would be the wireless card needing the driver), you probably need to install the HP Connection Manager software, restart the PC and use that software to turn on the wlan card.

This package provides the HP Connection Manager for the supportednotebook models and operating systems.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54945.exe

If that does turn on the wireless card, once it is on, you can uninstall the software if you want.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much Paul.

I installed both and it started immediately working, even before re-boot so maybe just sp58052.exe could be enough. But now I have also Connection Manager installed.

Thank you very much!

Br,
-Martti

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Martti.

Glad to have been of assistance.

BR,

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.