Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Envy ae109na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I've read different posts about Simple Pass problems but some are slightly different to mine which is why I am posting this.

My laptop has the fingerpring reader built in so I always use it.  I had undergone a few updates and around about a week later, while I was logged into my laptop I swiped my finger across the readed to bring up the simple pass shortcuts.  This normally works however instead it logged me off and asked me to reconfirm my new windows password.  I entered the windows password however it said that it was wrong and asked me to type it again.  After multiple attemplts I just clicked cancel and it took me to the Windows 10 account screen.  Here I could type in the windows password and log back in to my account, I could even use my finger to log in.  I then thought that perhaps the windows password is different to the simplepass password so when I logged into the program I was confused to find that the passwords were the same.  

Everytime I swipe my finger while logged in it always takes me back to to confirm your password screen.  Even after multiple attempts it never seems to work and so I have to press cancel and log in through the windows 10 screen.  

This error prevents my from logging into websites where I have set a fingerprint access.  Is there a way to fix this and if so how do I go about doing so?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @Mustafa750, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand that you have simple pass application issues with your laptop.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make hardware or software changes to your PC?

If you have changed the password on your PC, You have to change the password in the simple pass application too to take the changes. 

So, try updating the new password on simple pass application.

Uninstall simple pass application from your PC and install the latest version of simple pass and check if it helps.

Please install the latest version of simple pass application using this link.

Also, Refer this article to know how to use simple pass application.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi! @Mustafa750, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand that you have simple pass application issues with your laptop.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make hardware or software changes to your PC?

If you have changed the password on your PC, You have to change the password in the simple pass application too to take the changes. 

So, try updating the new password on simple pass application.

Uninstall simple pass application from your PC and install the latest version of simple pass and check if it helps.

Please install the latest version of simple pass application using this link.

Also, Refer this article to know how to use simple pass application.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I haven't made any changed to the software and I also  haven't changed my password recently.  

In the Simplepass application the password is the same as the windows one however it still doesn't work.

HP Recommended

Reinstalling did the trick thanks!

Not sure what was wrong with it before, perhaps a bug in the updates however it all works now! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi @Mustafa750

I am Glad to hear that your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,            

Have a great day!  🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.