Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@arunbrowley

Call your HP Support >>http://www8.hp.com/in/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

@Hizbullah wrote:

I purchased a HP  Pavilion dv6 notebook having Win 7 home premium installed. It had 3 system partions and and a C:\ drive. I made another partion and changed the drive letters of existing partions. After using this system for few months there are some issues with it and I want to go back to factory settings. I tried but could not recover my system. I dont  have recovery disks for my system. Kindly guide me how can recover my system to preconfigured state. From where I can download recovery disks for my laptop?

Thanks,

Muhammad {Personal Information Removed}

HP Recommended

@anischy,

Are you able to get into Windows at all?

If so, go into disk management ( can be accessed via device manager) and verify if the HDD was converted to a dynamic disk. 

If it has been, then it will need to be converted back to a standard/basic disk as the recovery manager, from my experience, won't work with a dynamic disk.  Most notebooks have 4 partitions already: C, D (recovery), HP_Tools and a System partition (usually not visible via standard methods).  Windows will convert a HDD to dynamic as Windows doesn't seem to like having more than 4 partitions on a standard HDD.  If you did the same thing as the original poster, then this will need to be corrected. 

In the event that it is a dynamic disk, I will provide some additional information.

This guide discusses using a 3rd party tool to convert the drive without losing data.  However, I recommend backing up any data you wish to keep to be on the save side.

Here is a more complicated way, but the easier method at the bottom links back to the first method. 

This is a fairly comprehensive guide covering available methods to accomplish converting from dynamic to basic.  However, it does list to only backup your data using options 3-5.  I recommend backing up your data with all options as anything can go wrong. 

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended
Dear Madam,
i have same problem yestarday i made recovery usb but with micro memory stick when i went to reset windows but my memory stick not boot.
so then i went again on to take another recovery by USB Flash Disk but it seems i cant apply secand time it show me you can take only one time your recovery back up.
so i am living in Pakistan we dont have any hp distebuters in this country to order HP Recovery Disk.
so can you solve my problem any other way to rest factory my notbook?
i have recovery drive still alive.
HP Recommended

@msdjan,

What is the exact model of your notebook?

NOTE: Do NOT provide the serial number.

That is correct, only one recover media set can be created.  The one that was created, do you get any error messages when you try to boot the drive?  If so, what are they?  What exactly happens when you try to boot the recovery media?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

Hp Pavilion DV6-6165tx

HP Recommended

i need recovery disk for hp pavilion dv6 for my computer, have a lot problem, hope you can help me, or tell me wher we can get it, my name is sergio and my email is {Personal Information Removed}  or if have any web to download those disk thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello sergio75,

What is your product number?

You can call in to obtain recovery discs.

If you live in the US, contact HP Here.

If you are in another part of the world, start Here. 

I hope this helps!

Good luck!

Signature
HP Recommended

I want my notebook in orignal factory condition. Its dv6-6116tx series and almost 2year old. When i asked hp customer care for recovery disks, they said it will cost approx $46. I'm from India. Just want to confirm whether these recovery disks really cost that much??

HP Recommended

Hello luckyb89,

Take a look at this page, which may give you other options.  Please let me know if it helps.

Signature
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.