Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
I have no worries about wiping out my personal files as I performed a backup onto my external HDD before all this began even though I had next to nothing on my laptop since, it is only a month old. Anyways, I clicked on Factory Reset(which was my first choice at this point as well). While my laptop is performing the restore, when the laptop is up and running again.
1) Should I or do I need to set the date back to 2013?
2) Should I still install the previous mentioned update?
Anyways, thanks for your help thus far. I will report back on the outcome of the Factory Reset on it has finished.
HP Recommended

Yes, afterwards enter BIOS and reset the year to 2013. Then install the patch.Good luck,hope all goes well this time!

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
So, unfortunately after running the process over again, I have run into the exact same problem. Although, I did see a different screen for a couple minutes this time. It was of the windows log in screen show the account as Administrator and that loading circle wherer the password box is usually located. Then, after a couple minutes my laptop restarted and when to the mentioned restoration Incomplete with the exact same errors.
HP Recommended

The error would now seem to be caused by the smaller than original hdd installed.:(

HP Recommended
why exactly would a smaller HDD cause an error? or is it just one of those things that really can't be explained... haha
Anyways, I went through it a couple more time (not really more like at least 100 times in the last 24 hours) and the odd part is. Every time I go through the process, I get a new end result. The latest issue I am having while trying to do a restore is getting stuck on dis 2 at 11%. This is one of the very few times that I am legitimately running out of options when it come to tech repair and such. Too bad the don't provide a downloadable windows 8 Iso. That could solve all my problems right there.
HP Recommended

Oh wait! durning my pointless rant it actually passed 11% and is now onto disk 3. I swear if it doesnt work this time, im just going to return the darn laptop and try my luck with some other company.  

HP Recommended

And of course, to no avail. I got to the boot screen and the laptop restarted and up came the same restoration incomplete window with the exact same error message...  I really Dont know what else to try...

HP Recommended

You have a warranty.. Contact HP  Of course  first thing they will require is that you put the original hdd back in to test if Recovery works on it before any service is offered,

HP Recommended
I tried inserting the old hard drive. Turns on for some odd reason (and this includes most hp notebooks not just the m7-j020dx) in order to fix the issue. You must restart the notebook quickly press escape to enter bios. Once in bios press f5 to reset to factory settings. Hit f10 to save and exit. After that, the HDD recovery works flawlessly.
HP Recommended

SOLUTION - For good measure, first use Esc to get into the bios - diable the active keys so you get your fkeys back and - set the boot method to be your recovery media - cdrom or USB etc

Next, reboot and from the HP recovery screen, select your weapon - factory reset, new image etc ... then start the process

don't go away - after the 2nd of the 3 items (copy files to hd), quicly remove the recovery media.  Now, it will use the files it has copied to the HD and wont get confused with the recovery drive - esp during restarts - this time, it should work and you will eventually get back to entering your preferred language and creating your brand new win 8 account again.

Leaving the recovery drive in after the files are copied to the HD and the machine gets itself wrapped up in knots and ends up in the recovery incomplete stage where the 'retry' method asks you to insert media which is already inserted.

happy days.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.