Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

DV7-3065DX, 16 months old and HD died a few days ago, totally dead. I've ordered a replacement but now that I'm out of warranty, and obviously I have no operating system (as it was on the now dead hard drive), can I order disks at a discount from HP? Their office is closed now. I can get Windows 7 Home from Amazon for about a hundred bucks but as I have a valid key on the back of this laptop would hate the idea of paying for an OS I rightfully was using. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You can order Recovery Disks from HP for around $16. The set will reinstall Windows and all original drivers & software that came on the laptop.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

You can order Recovery Disks from HP for around $16. The set will reinstall Windows and all original drivers & software that came on the laptop.

HP Recommended

Btw_you had software on the original hdd to burn a Recovery set. See "Create a set of operating system recovery discs":

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01895783

HP Recommended

Thanks, Cheryl. There must be a reason I didn't do it, and I know I've done it before on other laptops. Heck, maybe I did now that you mention it. I'll have to check my disks. Thanks very much, $16 is painless in any case.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. Maybe you will even find that you did make the set & put them away.Has happened before.;)

HP Recommended

My pc died in less than 90 days. I had made a backup set the day I bought the PC. They didn't work (actually in the end the mother board was defective) but the agent made me buy another set of disks for $29.  What a rip off scam!!!  Where is my refund?

HP Recommended

Same DV7-3065DX model, same problem-dead HD, bought about 18 months ago. Seems too short a time for these HD's to be going.

HP Recommended

Hi, i have a same problem, just with suse enterprise OS. I have destroed recovery partition, how i can restore it? Do i need suse recovery dvd, and where i can get it?

HP Recommended
Hi, I have recently purchased hp pavilion 15n-225ut notebook with genuine windows 8.1, but i did't make recovery disk and it's my badluck during partition making my os became corrupted or need recovery, so help me to recover it again.
HP Recommended

Hey everyone,

I purchased my (Hp 2000-2d19SX) laptop in january 2014 at saudi arabia. This system was having its pre installed operating system "Windows 8".

I upgraded it to 8.1 & unfortunately، I didn't create its back up. Now i want to get back all my original items like OS, drivers & other programs which were pre installed on this laptop by HP. I tried to contact HP saudi arabia but not accessible.

Please help me, in restoring all my original things.

Thanksss
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.