Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-f009wm
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Looking for a way to download factory recovery partion for hp 15-f009WM NOTEBOOK.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

ednorton759

Sorry, not possible.  HP does not make this available for download.

To restore the Recovery partition, you have to do a complete factory reset using HP Recovery Media.

HP Recovery Media is a set of DVDs and a CD, or USB stick, that will erase the hard drive (removing all data, settings, and applications, reinstall the original OS, drivers, and some HP Utilities. In some cases, you may be able to order a USB stick instead of disks. You have to order these from HP; they can not be downloaded.

Problem is, first step in this process is to reformat the drive, removing the ENTIRE content.

If you are interested in ordering the Recovery Media for your PC, it can be done from this page:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-f000-Notebook-PC-series/7137590/model/7174227

You'll see the Order link near the bottom of the page.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

ednorton759

Sorry, not possible.  HP does not make this available for download.

To restore the Recovery partition, you have to do a complete factory reset using HP Recovery Media.

HP Recovery Media is a set of DVDs and a CD, or USB stick, that will erase the hard drive (removing all data, settings, and applications, reinstall the original OS, drivers, and some HP Utilities. In some cases, you may be able to order a USB stick instead of disks. You have to order these from HP; they can not be downloaded.

Problem is, first step in this process is to reformat the drive, removing the ENTIRE content.

If you are interested in ordering the Recovery Media for your PC, it can be done from this page:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-f000-Notebook-PC-series/7137590/model/7174227

You'll see the Order link near the bottom of the page.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for the very quick reply. Was afraid of that. Just got this from a pawn shop and want to return it as I got it. It had Win8.1 on it . The only way to get windows 7 on it was to wipe the entire drive. So I copied and pasted the recovery partion to a usb drive. Got Win 7 on it drivers programs etc. No prob there but this is a very slow laggy laptop I think because is only 1MGz amd processor and only a 5400rpm HD. The recovery partion copied back won't work. What I SHOULD have done was clone the image rather than copy & paste. My own stuidity there I guess...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.