Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there any need to keep the recovery partition once i have created a recovery image on a disc? If yes, then why so as we cannot utilise that space on hard disk even if we have a backup, and if no, then please tell me how to merge that disk space with other partitions so that i can use that space?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

No and Yes, it is up to you

1. No, after successfully  create a Recovery disc set (or USB), you can delete Recovery partition to get more space on your HDD.

2. Yes, it will be very handy when you need it on the flight just in case you can't find those discs.

Again, it is up to you.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

No and Yes, it is up to you

1. No, after successfully  create a Recovery disc set (or USB), you can delete Recovery partition to get more space on your HDD.

2. Yes, it will be very handy when you need it on the flight just in case you can't find those discs.

Again, it is up to you.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please see this: Removing the HP Recovery Partition

SOURCE

Regards

Visruth

HP Recommended

Yes, I have created an HP Recovery Disk on a Flash Drive and thinking of using a 500 GB SSD after cloning the existing 1 tb HDD. I am not sure whether the Recovery Partition will cloned properly. In any case the Recovery Partition does not work then wahat should I do? Is there any software package which can do what actually I want?

HP Recommended
@Tarak_Khan

Cloning didn't copy recovery partition through Samsung Magician tool that came with my SSD.

So you've to use Recovery USB you have created initially, to restore to factory in future.

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

Thank you Visruth. But I think Minitool Partition Wizard can well copy Recovery Patition along with OS, although I don't known whther it will work or not.  Therefore, I shall use my Reccovery USB if it is necessary.

Tarak

HP Recommended

Yes you may.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.