12-30-2013 08:17 AM
I want to recover my probook 4730s to factory setting
but I didnt make any recovery disc or backup
I think I havent touched the D drive( I think)
I have tired the F11 method but it failed with the "BOOTMGR is missing" error
and I have also tried the HP backup&recovery manager which cannt be open beacause of the missing of HardDisk.dll
Can anyone help me. Thanks a lot!!!
01-10-2014 10:16 AM
Your particular product is a commercial unit to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums. You can do this at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/
From the sounds of it you may need to purchase recovery CDs because of the bootmgr error. The experts on the commercial forums should be able to help with that.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I work on behalf of HP
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)