Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I had the same problem,

I therefore uninstalled what I could, but still got stuck.

I then decrypted my harddrive, and then the Win10 upgrade was successful.

Finally I installed latest version of the "HP ProtectTools Security Manager", and then encrypted my harddrive again.

(Got the url to this from Seghier above in this post)

I am now happily on Windows 10, and all my fingerprints ect. works as before.

Only thing I haven't figured out yet is hot to get the SSO - Single Sign on - working again. (Not a big deal for me though)

I now have to logon (past boot) using my fingerprint, but then have to enter my Windows login credentials manually.

Reg.

G.

HP Recommended

Seghier,

-Uninstalled : 

Face recognition
Theft recovery

-Installed : HP Client Security (Updated HP ProtectTools)

-Restarted and than tried upgrade again. Received the following:

Windows 10_HP ProtectTools 04.jpg

This is weird because when installing Client Security it says that have installed an older version and for that reason, it upgraded my old one.

I don't know what to do now! Any help, please?

Thank you

HP Recommended
Can you please explain, step by step, what have you uninstalled before upgrading to Windows 10?
Thank you
HP Recommended

This is a nightmare!

Following my last post, also have done:

1. Uninstalled Privacy Manager;

2. Updated Embedded Security with softpaq sp57640.

3. Rebooted an tried to update to windows 10 again.

Received a message to uninstall HP ProtectTools and HP Client Security:

Windows 10_HP ProtectTools 04.jpg

Clicked the buttons to uninstall, in both of them, but it says that I must uninstall Embedded Security.

As Seghier says, I will not uninstall Embedded Security.

So, now I am completely stucked!

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you

HP Recommended
If you installed hp client security why hp protecttools in your system ?
And you don't need to update embedded security
I tried few days before found the solution and for this reason i told you backup your system before upgrade ; don't say you don't told me if you have any problem.
I found many posts speak about uninstall embedded security and other hp protection tools but when i tied that i had problem when login ; i can't login to my laptop
Please backup your system in external hard drive.
1- download geek uninstaller
2- uninstall privacy manager for hp protect tools with all registry key
3- install hp client security again
4- reboot and try to upgrade
Maybe you find other solutions for your laptop
HP Recommended

Seghier,

This is the weird part of all this! I also can't understand why HP ProtectTools Security Manager is on my notebook after the upgrade to Client Security!

HP Recommended

Hi!

I found this solution with more recent softwares and drivers:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/ZBook-15-Fingerprint-on-Win-8-1...

Maybe it works with your laptop

Julien Garrigue
www.juliengarrigue.com
HP Recommended

And there is a newer version of Client Security Manager

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_141863_1

Just to inform others users, HP protect tools security Manager has been rebranded to Client Security Manager. So it's the same software, they just change the name and the logo 🙂

Julien Garrigue
www.juliengarrigue.com
HP Recommended

Thank you very much Julien,

I will check all the info and get back with my feedback.

HP Recommended

@jorgemartins

I see all of the items mentioned. In the Uninstall list they are #3, #4, #5 & #19.

Is your hdd encrypted- if so decrypt it before doing this.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.