12-29-2012 03:18 AM
I can't get access to the BIOS, asked password... I want turn off password, I don't need them, but can't get access. I set it in long time ago. How I can access now? I see themes where users give s/n and got some master password, it is possible for my notebook? My freind told me, take off battery, I unplug-in cap, but didn't find BIOS battery... Please help me. (HP Probook 6460b)
12-29-2012 03:57 AM
Unfortunately there are no 'backdoor' passwords available for the Probook series and as the password is stored in non volatile memory, removing the cmos cell will have no effect. Your best option is to contact HP regarding this issue.
If you live in the US, contact HP Here.
If you are in another part of the world, start Here.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)