Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Stream Notebook PC 13

Someone tried to download Photoshop on my laptop but the laptop had very little space to do that which meant I couldn't even put pictures on it or make and save documents even though there were none on it. It made it very slow and faulty so I decided to remove Photoshop from the laptop. However, it still said there wasn't enough space and a lot of Photoshop programmes were still on the laptop so the laptop suggested other programs that I could remove and the laptop would be okay.

Except it kind of made things worst so I decided the best thing to do was  reset the laptop back to it's basic settings as though it was new. But everytime it reaches about 54%, it tells me it cannot reset. And now it won't even load the sign in page. So I have a new laptop that glitches and keeps showing the loading page over and over again moments after I turn it on.

Is there any other way to reset the laptop? I have tried everything avaliable on screen when I press F11. I don't know what else to do.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@HollyL29

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

In the second link that talks about ordering one of yourself if you haven't created on on your own:

Under Order Recovery Media-CD/DVD/USB:

USB - Windows 8.1 64b Recovery Kit

System Recovery Kit for Consumer Notebook

If the F11 doesn't work, the above-mentioned recovery kit is your only way out.

Here's the link again: Click here to place an order online.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@HollyL29

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand you need assistance in Resetting your laptop,

Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here

There is an option to either create one yourself or order on online: Click here to place an order online

Keep me posted,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I couldn't really find anything in the links you gave me. The problem is they either tell me to press F11 and click reset the

laptop which as I stated isn't working. It only gets to about 54% when it tells me there is an error. It was trying to do that which made my laptop begin to not even load the sign in page. It is stuck on a loop trying to load over and over again.

Or, the links tell me to troubleshoot which won't work either. Basically, every single option I can find when you press F11 won't work. What I am hoping to find is another way to reset the laptop without pressing F11. Is there a shop I could take it to that could solve the problem?

HP Recommended

@HollyL29

In the second link that talks about ordering one of yourself if you haven't created on on your own:

Under Order Recovery Media-CD/DVD/USB:

USB - Windows 8.1 64b Recovery Kit

System Recovery Kit for Consumer Notebook

If the F11 doesn't work, the above-mentioned recovery kit is your only way out.

Here's the link again: Click here to place an order online.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@HollyL29

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.