11-10-2011 04:33 PM
Hello, I have an HP Pavilion VM114UA#ABA with Windows 7 64-bit installed. My computer just got hit by a virus and after killing the virus (I believe), I find I still cannot activate the firewall. So I would like to restore the computer to factory conditions so as to fix all of my problems. However, when I attempt to do so in Windows, I get the Error Message: Windows cannot restart the computer into the Windows Recovery Environment to complete the recovery operation.
I've read that I could restore it using HP's system restore but I have no idea how to do that. So my question is how can I use HP's system restore to fix my computer?
11-10-2011 04:36 PM
Shut down the notebook. Tap away at f11 as soon as you press the power button to see if this will launch Recovery Manager and allow you to reinstall the operating system.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)