Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
There is no free service from HP, I contacted a rep and was told that I am out of warranty and that I could purchase a new motherboard and have them install it..but that there would be nothing else that they could do..
HP Recommended

This issue is only take 3 minutes to be done, so sad to read no free service from HP.

No need to purchase new motherboard, you just need HP DMI tool to write serial and product number.

I'm guessing the previous technician forgot to do it since PN and SN only can be altered by HP DMI tool.

Only a nerd one (like me :)) that always checking everything after the notebook has been repaired

@rosadavila

Please check your PM, I'll try to help you.

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
HP Recommended
@Rakhmad
dear rakhmad, I also have the exact problem with Rosadavila. my hp mini 110-1013 suddenly shown compaq logo and "serial number not found" after I got my hp mini back to me from hp service centre in jakarta indonesia.
at first everything is working fine despite annoying "unknown notebook type" shown in bios.
and now,I couldn't install the original windows 7 on it,always ended with blue screen.
win xp works,but it can't recognized the keyboard I hit,wrong character typed and some letters are not working. this is getting weird when I start virtual keyboard and it acts exactly the same with the physical keyboard. could you help me please brother?

HP Recommended

@02523073

Please contact HP service centre in jakarta and state their work is incomplete. The technicient forgot to enter product/serial numbers after the motherboard has been replaced.

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
HP Recommended

Well, I got a few messages telling me how to fix the missing serial number error, but I didn't get to it...since the computer was working fine and the only problem was the error message when starting up.. Well, a few days ago when starting up the computer, I got a message saying that the hard drive S.M.A.R.T. status was bad and that I needed to backup and replace drive.. I tried using the  Windows 7 restore disks to fix the problem.. and it fixed it-but only for a few hours..and then the message reappeared.. I tried to restore the computer to the factory settings with the restore disks that came with the computer.. and it appeared to be working..but it would run for hours..and stop installation.. I have tried to restore a few more times since.. and It takes hours...but I always get a message saying that files are not found..and that the hard drive is bad..

I finally called and a new hard drive.. but my question is.. should installing a new hard drive fix the problem...the price is $79 which is ok..but if I have to replace the motherboard.. I think that I would rather buy a new computer--since replacing the motherboard cost more than the price a new hp mini...

HP Recommended

Are there any utilities that allow a user to enter the product number and serial number.  My CQ-61 went out of warranty 12/25/10.  Within days it lost its serial & product number.  Computer works fine except for the intermittent shut downs. 

HP Recommended

can anyone help me i want to fix it manually my pc is out of warrenty so plz can anyone tell me how to place serial number manually 

HP Recommended

1) WOULD THE HP DMI TOOL WORK ON A COMPAQ MINI 110 ?     I CHANGED THE MOTHERBOARD AND NOW IT SAYS SERIAL NUMBER NOT FOUND ERROR IN RED IT'S MY FIRST TIME CHANGING A MOTHERBOARD.

2) CAN YOU DOWNLOAD THIS TOOL FROM HP FOR FREE ?

3) HOW DO YOU USE THIS TOOL ?

HP Recommended

Dear RAKMAD

Laptop: HP compaq Presario CQ61

Bios Name:  INSYDEH20 SETUP UTILITY REV 3.5

I have check my bios Serial Number blank and product Number blank nothing written.

Please help me. thanks

HP Recommended

compaq mini 110 serial number not found in red and i cant get into bios I recently changed the motherboard so is my motherboard falty or can this be fixed with some kind of program ? could you plz help me I have no warranty on this product so I am doing the repair myself.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.