Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an ASUS with the exact same problem. But none of the solutions in this thread work for me. Downgrading IMEI drivers doesn't help, nor does downgrading Realtek drivers etc...

So even though it seems like the IMEI driver is the culprit because downgrading it helps for nearly anyone on this thread, it seems like it's not the cause of the problem for everyone.

HP Recommended

@Japser wrote:

I have an ASUS with the exact same problem. But none of the solutions in this thread work for me. Downgrading IMEI drivers doesn't help, nor does downgrading Realtek drivers etc...

These issues were explored and solutions tested exclusively on HP laptops.  Installing HP-customized drivers on a non-HP product is generally not a great a idea and could lead to a host of other issues.

If you have an ASUS, I'd recommend checking with their customer support.  It's certainly possible some of the info uncovered in this thread could help, but I wouldn't recommend following the steps in my solution on a non-HP model.

Good luck!

HP Recommended

@DanG82 wrote:

@Japser wrote:

These issues were explored and solutions tested exclusively on HP laptops.  Installing HP-customized drivers on a non-HP product is generally not a great a idea and could lead to a host of other issues.

If you have an ASUS, I'd recommend checking with their customer support.  It's certainly possible some of the info uncovered in this thread could help, but I wouldn't recommend following the steps in my solution on a non-HP model.

Good luck!

Haha, I should have clarified that I'm not completely stupid. I never installed any HP drivers on my ASUS. I got the Intel drivers from the Intel website, and the Realtek drivers from the Realtek website.

HP Recommended

I never thought you were.  🙂  If I had a non-HP laptop and stumbled upon this thread, I'd certainly be taking a look to see if there were an MEI driver on my computer that could be the culprit as well.

Just wanted to clarify for others with non-HP products who may be reading this thread that the solutions I posted were meant speficially for HP models.

HP Recommended

Hello from Greece. Sun, sea, beach ,and as for windows 10 hp Notebook and we do not care for the moment as there are girls on the beach

HP Recommended

@desperado2 wrote:

Hello from Greece. Sun, sea, beach ,and as for windows 10 hp Notebook and we do not care for the moment as there are girls on the beach

Good for you but the only flaw is that you're here as well lol. 

HP Recommended

Unfortunately the sleep issue has returned yet again after the IME update, I have however noticed something interesting but first I want to pass another comment.  I purchased my HP pavilion 15 (specifically a F4T58EA#ABU) with Windows 8 and it has served me well.  I chose to upgrade my machine to Windows 10 in the first few days and now I am experiencing some early gremlins.  I haven't paid HP, Intel, Realtek, Microsoft or anyone else for an OS upgrade and so I can't complain that the service is poor.  I am certain in the coming weeks the issues will be solved and before all the moaning freeloaders forget to say it, Thanks for you time guys it is much appreciated.

I woke up this morning to my laptop stuck on but unresponsive again, what I noticed was that the DVD drive was dead and by that I mean the 3.3V supply had been turned off.  Now it has been 15 years since I was sitting infront of a bench repairing laptop boards but in the old days the power supplies in laptops were a bunch of push-pull PWM circuits and a dedicated controller chip.  Intel will not have integrated the power supply controller chip functions into their chipset because 1 size does not fit all laptops.

If we are getting as far into the standby function as to be turning of none essential power supply rails (DVD drive, USB, screen inverter etc.) then we may have left driver issues behind and be into BIOS/kernal issues.  Does anyone here have indepth knowledge of the standby function and can say, not guess, when the command to shut down the none essential rails is sent to the power controller chip?

My bet is this will come down to a BIOS update and not a driver issue.  Windows 10 has clearly changed something in the standby function and this is not crashing the OS it is crashing the hardware.

HP Recommended

So it proves that this is Win 10 bug not HP's issue. I downgraded to win 8.1.  I have Hp 15t k100. 

HP Recommended

There is strong anecdotal evidence that it is a Windows 10 issue because a number of Beta testers report the sleep function broke after a specific Windows 10 build version.  That said the sleep function does work for a hour or so and that suggest a rather complex dynamic to this small but annoying little bug.

HP Recommended

hahahahaha . Guys I've been following this thread for a while now , but I can't read the entire thing could someone please tell us how close we are to find a soloution for this ? 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.