Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP NOTEBOOK 15z-af000 ABA
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a question that's keeping me from moving on right now...First off I thought I was getting CD's like I had for my Toshiba...but this one sent me a thumb/jump/flash drive...call it whatever you want lol...it kinda thru me for a loopy for a minute...and on the plastic baggy it says that this device contains 64-bit software only...but on the device itself it clearly says 32-bit...so I'm kinda nervous about that for starters...then following the directions the only drive I really had a choice to click (because I did click on the 1st one and it just started my windows as normal) was the one that said it was for Toshiba...and I have a HP Notebook...so there's another reason why I'm nervous here. But as it started to go I did see it going for a HP and I wiped my brow a bit...BUT...this is where I'm stuck at and don't know where I should be going here...clicking the Next tab or Skip tab....I'm attaching the photo for you to look at. Sorry I had to shrink it so it fit in here. But correct me if I'm wrong here, didn't I just receive the recovery usb drive from HP Support? Isn't that what I have in my laptop now? The flash drive with the System Recovery on it? Or am confused? Because after all I am doing a system restore and returning my laptop back to it's factory settings...Ugh...me thinks me thinking to much 😕

Help Please,

ZoeD

Untitled.jpg

“The unreal is more powerful than the real. Because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. Because its only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. Stone crumbles. Wood rots. People, well, they die. But things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on.”

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

ZoeD,

Almost all computers since Windows 7 was introduced have been "64bit"... Really, the hardware in most are capable of both 32bit and 64bit operation. What decides if the computer IS 32bit or 64bit is the OS that was/is installed... and that is typically a 64bit OS unless the computer has very very low specs.

It appears that you have booted from an HP Recovery USB drive and the screen is asking if you received "Supplemental Recovery drive." Since you didn't receive a supplemental USB drive, go aheada and click "Skip". This should proceed to perform the HP Recovery that will return your computer to a factory like state.

One last thing... please provide the HP p/n (Product Number) from the BIOS screen... It should be a 7 character alphanumeric string like "W2M88UA" and may have a dash and 3 letters after that.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

ZoeD,

Almost all computers since Windows 7 was introduced have been "64bit"... Really, the hardware in most are capable of both 32bit and 64bit operation. What decides if the computer IS 32bit or 64bit is the OS that was/is installed... and that is typically a 64bit OS unless the computer has very very low specs.

It appears that you have booted from an HP Recovery USB drive and the screen is asking if you received "Supplemental Recovery drive." Since you didn't receive a supplemental USB drive, go aheada and click "Skip". This should proceed to perform the HP Recovery that will return your computer to a factory like state.

One last thing... please provide the HP p/n (Product Number) from the BIOS screen... It should be a 7 character alphanumeric string like "W2M88UA" and may have a dash and 3 letters after that.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

@lasvegaswireman,

Thank you for your response. This is my 1st time having to purchase my system recovery disc or flash drive in this case...its quite different than my old laptop (Toshiba) that had 2 cds with it and detailed instructions.

The other thing I'm worried about is that mine came with Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and there wasn't a choice for me to choose that, just Windows 7 64-bit.

[Personal Information Removed]

I'll keep you posted on how things are going in case I run into any snags.

Thanks again,
ZoeD

“The unreal is more powerful than the real. Because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. Because its only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. Stone crumbles. Wood rots. People, well, they die. But things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on.”

HP Recommended
@lasvegaswireman

So when I woke up this morning it had finished going thru that process of adding all the files etc. and restarting itself. The only thing is that it had the screen of it wanting to start from the beginning. Now I don't know if that's because I was sleeping and missed a part where maybe I was supposed to take that flash drive out or what...but it did say it was a 2 step process so I started it again and it looked like the same thing I had just run. So I guess I'll wait to see what happens at the end of this one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.