11-23-2008 03:02 PM
11-23-2008 03:14 PM - last edited on 02-20-2017 12:37 PM by OscarFuentes
Try this -> Turn the notebook off (Shut Down). Press the power button and turn it on...when the notebook displays the HP logo...start tapping on the F10 key until you get in to the BIOS. If you have the lines and flickering in the BIOS, then it's a hardware failure...which could be related to this known issue.
11-23-2008 04:24 PM
So there are red vertical lines in the BIOS! Unfortunately, my computer product number does not match the ones listed for the enhanced warranty service link. I am hoping someone has a suggestion? Do I need to take it in? Thanks.
11-23-2008 04:42 PM
11-23-2008 04:45 PM
The product number is EZ452UA#ABA. The product itselft says one year warranty and I know I was not smart enough to buy an extended warranty. I bought the computer December 2006 so I don't believe it is under warranty but I will check.
This unit IS covered by the service enhancement...
11-23-2008 06:02 PM
11-23-2008 07:10 PM - edited 11-23-2008 07:12 PM
Sig: Pavilion Model Series# dv9500t (t=Intel)_CTO_Prod# RL653AV_Vista Ultimate (64-bit)_SP1_Intel 2 Duo CPU T7500_2 GB Ram_BIOS F.09_NVIDIA 8600M GS_200GB 7200RPM SATA Dual HD (100GBx2)_HP 300GB HD USB Kit for xb3000_8/2007
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)