Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hey,

I have HP 15 r007tx and windows 10. The problem is that whenever I insert or remove the charger from my laptop the screen goes black for a second and then returns to it's normal state. So can anyone help me with it? Please tell me how to stop it as it is very unconvenient.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@VishThakur

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP 15-r007tx Notebook PC and when you disconnect the charger, the screen goes black for a second and then resumes to normal display. 

I would like to know if any changes (hardware or software) took place on the laptop after which this issue may have started. Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Right-click on the battery icon and go to power options.
  • Choose to change the settings of either "balance/energy star power" or "Power saving"   Anyone would be fine.
  • Once you do that, go to "change advanced settings" (should be above where you adjust screen brightness).
  • Then go to the left side and choose the option that says "Intel HD graphics" and click there and change the setting away from "maximize battery" and change it to "maximize performance".

Please test the performance. If the issue persists then I suggest you to perform a BIOS update via this link: http://hp.care/2jvIvJv

NOTE: Please select the correct operating system before downloading the BIO update. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@VishThakur

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP 15-r007tx Notebook PC and when you disconnect the charger, the screen goes black for a second and then resumes to normal display. 

I would like to know if any changes (hardware or software) took place on the laptop after which this issue may have started. Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Right-click on the battery icon and go to power options.
  • Choose to change the settings of either "balance/energy star power" or "Power saving"   Anyone would be fine.
  • Once you do that, go to "change advanced settings" (should be above where you adjust screen brightness).
  • Then go to the left side and choose the option that says "Intel HD graphics" and click there and change the setting away from "maximize battery" and change it to "maximize performance".

Please test the performance. If the issue persists then I suggest you to perform a BIOS update via this link: http://hp.care/2jvIvJv

NOTE: Please select the correct operating system before downloading the BIO update. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted. 🙂

HP Recommended

Hey @MKazi ,

Thank you, that solved the issue. I guess this thing used to happen because every time I plugged in the charger it used to switch the grahpics to Nvidia and after removing the charger, it reverted back. I didn't knew how to stop that from happening and you really helped me.

Thank you once again.

Cheers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.