Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, Im sure there is a totally simple fix for this, but my screen on my HP laptop has gone "upside down".  The cat walked all ove the keyboard and next thing my screen was upside down.  I have tried every key I could think of and have also written to HP, but as the laptop is just outside warranty they are unable to help, and suggested I try this foum.

Please, please can anyone suggest something that I could try??  I am sure that it is just getting the right combination of keys/links/or F button together.  This is so annoying and I am not good at reading upside down!

Many thanks in advance everyone.

Regards

Lorraine

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

If you have intel graphics card...here is the key combo...

• Ctrl + Alt + Right Arrow
  • Ctrl + Alt + Down Arrow
  • Ctrl + Alt + Left Arrow
  • Ctrl + Alt + Up Arrow

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
HP Recommended

Thank you so much!!!!   It worked.....

I am now back to normal view - and I will not forget this in case the cat does it again.

Many thanks,

Lorraine

HP Recommended

OOOOH! The Cat did it... :OpenSmile:

You are always welcome!

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
HP Recommended

We had a HP monitor showing the image upside down.  The information worked.  Thanks!

HP Recommended
Nothing happens. The screen just stays upside down. I can't sign in now, apparently it won't take the upside characters. Any other ideas?
HP Recommended

He said that this works on Intel Graphic cards. Maybe your Graphic card is not Intel.

HP Recommended

Hi PCkiller,

I saw your post and I will be happy to help. What version of operating system are you running? What is your product number? I will use the product number to see what your graphic card is and we will go from there.

Find your product number on a notebook:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Finding your OS:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows/which-operating-system

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
I had this same problem (in my case it was my little daughter playing with the laptop), unfortunately the combination failed though am using an Intel graphics card on Windows 7 Professional.

I however managed to resolve by right-clicking the desktop then selecting "Graphics Option - Rotation - Rotate to Normal".

I hope this assists someone.

Regards,
CNK
HP Recommended

Purrrfect answer! Thank youu so much.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.