06-08-2014 03:40 AM
I recently did System Recovery on Envy dv6, C8B37UAR#ABA runing on Window 8 64-bit and after that SimplePass works on Windows Logon correctly but not on Websites, ie it does not prompt to save Password on websites as it used to be. To quote correctly ' Do you want simplepass to remember this Password for this site' Please I need your help badly.
06-08-2014 12:11 PM
Welcome to the HP Forum.
If you are using the version of the HP SimplePass program from the Recovery (22.214.171.1242), you need to update it to the latest in Series 6: version 126.96.36.1996
Your fingerprint driver version is likely fine.
See the Update instructions in this Guide:
Open the file > Click on Download > Click “Open in Adobe Reader”
Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up to show you appreciate the help and time from our Experts.
Click Accept as Solution when the Answer is a good Fix or Workaround!
Although I strive to reflect HP's best practices, I do not work for HP.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)