Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-ay013nr
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I've tried installing Windows 7 x64 onto this laptop but whenever I start the boot USB and hit start installation it complains about a missing a driver. It doesn't specifically state which driver but I'm pretty sure it's the M.2 SSD. It won't let me get past the first installation screen.

Where can I find the drivers for Windows 7 so I can try and see if those work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I've got it running now. I've installed Windows 7 using a DVD beacuse even after slipstreaming the drivers into the iso I couldn't get Windows to recognize the USB ports.

To install I used a stock Windows 7 image to burn to the DVD. I didn't think about slipstreaming any drivers into this disc (USB/Wireless/Etc). So after I installed the OS I just downloaded the drivers to another system and burned the drivers to a blank disc.

Thanks for all of your help everyone. I hope this post will be found useful in the future.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Kwrite.

There are no W7 drivers for you laptop.

There are only W10 drivers.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/10862300/model/11084068

REO

HP Recommended

Hi:

First you have to make sure that you have gone into the BIOS and enabled legacy mode, which should disable secure boot.

Then see if the reply marked solved in the link below allows you to install W7 from your USB flash drive.

Your notebook has the same chipset and 6th gen processor series as the one referenced in the post.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Problem-installing-Win7-on-ProBook-440-G3-HDD-...

HP Recommended

I've got it running now. I've installed Windows 7 using a DVD beacuse even after slipstreaming the drivers into the iso I couldn't get Windows to recognize the USB ports.

To install I used a stock Windows 7 image to burn to the DVD. I didn't think about slipstreaming any drivers into this disc (USB/Wireless/Etc). So after I installed the OS I just downloaded the drivers to another system and burned the drivers to a blank disc.

Thanks for all of your help everyone. I hope this post will be found useful in the future.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad you got W7 to install.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.