12-05-2013 07:31 PM
12-05-2013 07:38 PM
It could be an issue with dual boot and the driver. What is your sound device? Do you know if it is Realtek?
I wonder if the Conexant driver isn't compatible with Windows 8. You could try dowloading/installing the Windows 7 driver and then running it is the compatibility mode.
Here is info on the Compatibility options:
12-05-2013 08:07 PM
It's looking like it's not compatible. HP doesn't currently have Windows 8 drivers available for this model. I'll keep poking around to see if I can find anything on this or find a driver that works. If I find anything, I'll post it back to this thread, but if not....sorry we couldn't get it solved.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)