12-22-2012 10:45 AM
HP Pavilion DV4 2106-tx Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit.
I formatted the laptop a year ago using recovery discs and the recovery manager. Worked like a charm.
Now its messed up and I dont know why.
I need to format the system again, I use Recovery Manager to restore laptop to factory settings.It gives two options either to use recovery discs or recovery partition.
After I choose either of two , it restarts and an error comes:
"Windows Boot Manager" : In this screen it displays
'Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause . To fix the problem:
1. Insert the windows installatio disc and restart your computer.
2.Choose the language settingsnad then click next.
3.Click "Repair your computer".
Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.
Also my DVD RW Drive (AD-7701H) isn't detecting any DVD.
PS: I had created a partition H: from C:
12-24-2012 10:38 AM
Hello Mike10211989. I understand you're having some problems booting into Windows after performing a Recovery. Is this correct?
Windows seems to be having some problems reading that certain file from the hard drive. To begin I would like you to use the built in hard drive diagnostic to make sure there isn't a hardware problem with the drive. This document covers performing this test.
Let me know the result. I hope you have a Happy Holiday!
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"
Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)