Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi. I'm having a problem with my HP Pavilion dv6000's touchpad. Recently (i.e. Today) it has been giving me an error and shutting down a program called "Synaptics Touchpad Enhancements", which has the adverse effects of slowing down the touchpad's sensitivity, and making the scroll bar on the side of the pad useless. Restarting solves this problem, but it occurs again after perhaps thirty minutes or so.

I've already tried redownloading the drivers for it, but it hasn't solved the problem.

In addition, upon selecting the mouse via the Control Panel, I'm confronted with this error.

Error message

This problem has me stumped. Can anyone shed some light on what I could do to solve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi,

The issue you have mentioned and the error you attached clearly state that there is an issue with the Synaptics Touchpad drivers on the system. To resolve the issue, I suggest you uninstall the Synaptics Touchpad drivers completely from the system through Control Panel, Add/Remote programs (Win XP) or Programs and Features (Win Vista). After complete uninstallation, please restart the system. Download the latest drivers from the following weblink and then install the software. This will definitely resolve the issue.

http://www.synaptics.com/support/drivers

Hope this information helps.

Regards,
Vidya
I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
Hi,

The issue you have mentioned and the error you attached clearly state that there is an issue with the Synaptics Touchpad drivers on the system. To resolve the issue, I suggest you uninstall the Synaptics Touchpad drivers completely from the system through Control Panel, Add/Remote programs (Win XP) or Programs and Features (Win Vista). After complete uninstallation, please restart the system. Download the latest drivers from the following weblink and then install the software. This will definitely resolve the issue.

http://www.synaptics.com/support/drivers

Hope this information helps.

Regards,
Vidya
I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended
Worked like a charm Vidya. Thanks!
HP Recommended

I have the Hp G60 and the synaptics touchpad stops working every other day now. I really hope it's covered under my warranty. Right now , it's really hard for me to recommend hp to anybody. I've installed the newest driver and that helped for about 2 weeks or so.

HP Recommended

I bought an HP Pavilion DV5 in late December 2009 and yesterday (a little over 3 months later) the Synaptics touchpad on this thing stopped working completely.

After spending hours with HP tech support (in India) they told me i have to do "System Recovery" (a misleading euphamism for a complete REFORMATTING of your hard drive. NIGHTMARE.)

She said the 1-Yr "warranty" is only for phone support (and not having it repaired for free by a tech.)

They said that's reformatting is the only solution. I want to exhaust ALL other options before i buy that as the only option.

I've since reinstalled the drivers, done a system restore to an older date, to no avail.

I'm actually wondering if this is a hardware problem and NOT a system software problem at all.

Any insights/suggestions/feedback?

HP Recommended

hello , I have this DV6 6034TX laptop, touchpad works fine, but the scroll does not work properly. Sometimes I can scroll the pages and most times i cannot. Checked the settings for synaptics, did not help me.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem. I went ahead and uninstalled the Synaptics Touchpad drivers, however when I try to reinstall it's saying "install failed."

I tried the link you provided but the page is an error, are there any other places I can reinstall Synaptics Touchpad drivers from or anything else I can do. Been at it for the pasted couple of days trying tofix it

Thanks,

Arry

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.