Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
How about posting a step by step, including how to set the automatic updates? There is no details here of what to do with the automatic updates. Just that we need to do something to them. That's not very helpful.
HP Recommended

I used your Idea of installing an earlier driver which half way solved my problem but that still would not work with Internet access using Windows Internet Explorer ( Edge} so I quit using Edge to get to the Internet and have switched to Google Chrome and one finger scrolling works fine.  My problem resolved.

HP Recommended

download hp synaptics driver from here http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71867.exe 

then restart laptop if it asked

then go to control panel search mouse and open it then go to device setting tab and set the setting what you want apply and dont shotdown your laptop just go and signout and signing it again your setting is saved know can shotdown but your setting isnt delete or replaced with default setting

peace out.......

HP Recommended

I thought I had it fixed, but when I restarted (which I don't often do--I just let the laptop go to sleep mode), the reverse scrolling came back.

Here's the fix I used and it works after restarting!!!

http://superuser.com/questions/947995/synaptic-touchpad-scroll-direction-not-consistently-reversed-i...

I didn't change the values in the second location another poster replying said he did, only the one here. This is a registry key value so you will need to use regedit.exe but export the current state of the registry to somewhere you can restore from if something goes wrong.

And I will say do this at your own risk!!! Just because it worked for me and some people in another forum doesn't mean you will have the same positive experience.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPEnh\ZoneConfig\Win8\2FVertical Scrolling

click on UserZoneFlags, change to decimal when you go to change the value. If it shows 65, it meand reverse scrolling is enabled. Change it to 1 after you select decimal under the Base instead of Hexadecimal.

I restarted after changing that value and it worked. 2-finger vertical scrolling works like it should now. Apparently, the newest driver doesn't change the value there as it should.

Hopefully, this will work for you.

Donald

HP Recommended

These solutions don't work for me. Windows did not change the installed driver. Neither the device or driver numbers mentioned in the oroiginal soolution are for my notebook. I have attempted the other fixes. Uninstalling the old driver, uninstalling the program and reinstalling the driver from the HP site. I found when i did that, the driver installed and seemed to work but I was receiving an error regarding the version compatability. The driver updated itself back to 19....

The setting I cannot save is to allow double tap in the upper left corner to disable touchpad for more than current session. 

The thread should probably not be marked as resolved. 

HP Recommended

Rollback driver have you tried it? Or installing an older driver.

HP Recommended
I did try rolling back as well and the version on the HP site that gave an error and automatically updated was an older version.
HP Recommended

Hmm that's weird. Hopefully they update and we don't have to do all of this.

HP Recommended

If you roll back driver, you must disable also driver automatic update. Source: How to Uninstall and Block Updates and Drivers on Windows 10

HP Recommended
Thank you. That is good information to have but it would not have mattered in this case because when I was using the older driver from the HP site it was popping up an error message regarding compatibility when I would go to adjust touchpad settings.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.