Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I just had a Windows Update that included the Synaptics touchpad driver, and it now once again goes in reverse of what it's supposed to so. Now I hav eot go back through this thread to find the place in the registry to fix it.

HP Recommended

I found the following Windows 10 Forum instructions worked for my spectre X360 :

1. Open (Window-R) up regedit.exe
  2. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\Install
    Note this is LOCAL MACHINE, not CURRENT USER.
  3. Look for a key in that Install folder called DeleteUserSettingsOnUpgrade
  4. Double click and change the value to 0 
  **I needed to modify step 3 to : clicking on Subfolder Synaptics, which a list of defaults; Step 4: I set the very first default item to 0
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info.  It works ok now.  I think it got fixed with a later update.

HP Recommended

Do you mind specifying where you found the synaptics update? I found only version Windows 10 PS/2 & SMBus Devices v19.0.19.1

HP Recommended

I have 19.2.4.0 and I don't recall if I got it from the Synaptics site or from HP, but that version works.

HP Recommended

I did not change auto update settings and eventually windows installed a driver 19.2.4 26Nov15 which is still not available on the HP website for my model. The updated driver found from windows upates fixed the issues I had. The HP support is horrible. Yes, current working driver is not available from HP STILL! Horrible!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.