06-27-2011 01:17 AM
system recovery doesnt work messege: Recovery Manager could not restore your computer using the factory image. Please contact HP support. error code: 0xe0ef0003.
THis is my friend's sister's computer, which I am helping to fix. How can I fix this
06-27-2011 01:48 PM - last edited on 04-18-2016 01:11 PM by OscarFuentes
Several reasons can cause this
Hard drive is failing, test it, report back any error codes if they appear.
Test the hard drive then the memory modules.
If you are recovering using the hard drive and Not DVD's
The recovery Image on the hard drive is corrupt, you will need to use HP recovery DVDs to restore the notebook
You can order recovery media here
09-16-2013 07:32 PM
Mumbodog: I am getting the same error msg. I tried the system recover on the hard drive and that failed with the same error code: 0xe0ef003 and was also getting the Bootmgr is missing. I went ahead and purchased the cd revovery discs ( 4 plus the supplimental reovery disc) and ran all of them and got down to disc 4 and then that same error came up. When I tried to reboot, it comes up to a blank screen with the flashing cursor in the top left corner. I hit ctrl/alt/del and the HP Blue screen comes up, when I hit the F11 now it just goes to a blank screen again with the cursor in the top left corner. Any other suggestions that could be done?
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)