Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hey so I have a 17-f247cl notebook and I have tried using Bios-pw.org but it doesnt work. Any ideas? Thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That is correct, and that notebook generated a hexidecimal (alphnumeric) code, which that website is useless for generating an unlock passcode at the present.

Unfortunately, no one here can help you.

You will need to call HP technical support, or see if removing the RTC battery really clears the P/W.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

If the website generated a alphanumeric code, then you will have to contact HP for assistance.

Some folks have also reported that removing the RTC (CMOS) battery will clear the P/W on models that don't generate an 8 digit halt code.

However, getting to that battery is rather difficult.

HP Recommended

Alright lets try this I just got the Halt code and it is C48D2856. 

I just want to make sure that I get this right on how to do this. So I restart the computer and then use the code that the website came up with right? 

HP Recommended

That is correct, and that notebook generated a hexidecimal (alphnumeric) code, which that website is useless for generating an unlock passcode at the present.

Unfortunately, no one here can help you.

You will need to call HP technical support, or see if removing the RTC battery really clears the P/W.

HP Recommended

Copy that sir. Thank you very much for your time and help.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Hopefully either working with HP technical support, or removing the RTC battery will resolve the issue.

I don't know if the guy that created that website is working on a hack for those codes or not, but that website will only work on the all numeric halt codes, or the serial number halt codes produced by most HP Mini PC's

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.