06-09-2012 05:44 PM
Hi, I would like to know the difference between two of the system`s restoration options, one says that will restore the system and drivers that are "essential" minimizing the restoration image, and there´s another one that indicates that it will set the system with the manufacture settings (as I understand it).
My question is, if I select the latter, will I have to buy another license for windows? or it will restore the system with only the drivers and the operating system.
I would really like to get rid of the software that comes with the notebook, that I really don´t need and it takes a lot of disk space that I would like to use for other things.
06-09-2012 05:50 PM - edited 06-09-2012 05:51 PM
If you want to not have the "bloatware" that comes with the factory installation, then select the minimal restoration option.
You will not need to buy another license for Windows. Recovery options don't even ask for the product key.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)