11-04-2009 10:20 PM
11-04-2009 10:54 PM
You can try installing the Windows 7 TouchScreen driver from the following weblink:
While I am an HP employee, I am not a expert on all our products. When I offer advice, I'm not speaking for HP.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
11-04-2009 11:33 PM
I have the same problem. After installing Windows 7, my tablet PC lost touch screen ability. I tried downloading touch screen driver but it still does not work. The pen works but my fingers do not work like before.
11-05-2009 12:01 AM
Please let us know if you have tried the driver suggested..above
"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
11-05-2009 09:14 AM
I also own an HP tx2000, and tried out this fix. Here's what happens:
1. The tablet properties utility changes - it only has a pen (no touch)
2. The calibration function with tablet properties throws an error, saying that it could not find a certain type of digitizer
3. The pen works just like a mouse now - i.e. when I touch the pen to the screen, the pointer remains a mouse pointer. In OneNote, it considers it as simply a mouse (the eraser function at the back of the pen doesn't work anymore)
4. The touchscreen function (with finger) does not work
So overall, it looks like this is only an approximate match for my tx2000 running Windows 7. A suggestion on a more 'accurate' driver would be much appreciated :-)
11-05-2009 11:06 AM
11-05-2009 11:30 AM
09-30-2010 12:20 PM
I went to the above link but couldn't download any software there. There was a page showing the URL but there was nothing downloadable. I was using FF do I need to use IE?
11-26-2010 11:11 AM
Same pronlem with installed 7 on TX2000, I have everything working, but the quicklaunch tablet buttons and no auto rotate. I have uninstalled the Quicklaunch software and tried to reinstall the newest version, rebooted, NO JOY. I have tried everything from shutting down pulling battery and power holding power button 45 second s to reset hardware, every possible configuration. Combed the forums and did every solution I could find.
I checked all the services, seems all are on, MS config good too.
When I uninstall the reinstall the quick launch drivers, it says that a cab file already exists overwrite? Is it possible to completly clear out all previous intall info and start clean?
Bios is back to default, but I cant find a function there to affect them..
11-26-2010 12:12 PM
TRY THIS ONE..
it fixed my problems that are same to you..
just calibrate it in the control panel and it will work fine..
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)