Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Worked perfectly on my new HP Pavilion that came with Windoz 10.  I can hardly believe HP does this crap.  I've read that it's a Microsoft thing, but that's BS as I can make as many recovery disk sets as I want for my Dell.  Plus....Windoz 10 is free, so what's the point other than make the less savy laptop owners pad HP pockets.  I now remember buying an HP just before my Dell and taking it back for this exact same reason.  I'd take this one back too, but it's too late.  Corporate BS.  Fat cats sitting in a board room thinking how they can justify their outragous salaries!

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot mate!  @zapperuno Your solution worked like gem.. Tried all the solutions without any success. Finaly yours worked. I guess this soln is for those who have restored there system atleast once.. Thanks a ton 🙂

HP Recommended

There have been more than one comment by some individuals that suggested that simply deleting one of the files that are in the recovery technique will cause the file system to be corrupted.

My feeling is that when a file is added or deleted to a HDD, that act in itself does not corrupt the drive as a whole (unless for some reason there is a check being done on the status of the overall drive contents such as the checksum of the drive contents).  But in this case I was able to use this technique to get a second set of discs, BUT BUT BUT I didn't delete the files in question, I simple rename them - by adding character(s) to the beginning or end of the primary name. 

If checking the HDD file structure for the files existence by simply asking "if a file by that name exists" then the answer will tell what the status is - there or not there?   It's possible to do something creative to see if the name was modified or scrambled rather than deleted, but what is the likely hood that it would be the case here?  After all you can simply try the rename and if it works then it works!

HP Recommended

No need for any of this. Windows will copy the recovery partition for you.

Hp states that you can only make one copy of the recovery partition but if you use Windows recovery drive creator you can make as many copies of it as you like! 

Control panel > Recovery > Create a Recovery Drive.

As it states. "You can use a recovery drive to help troubleshoot problems with your PC even if it can't start. If your PC came with a recovery partition, you can also copy it to the recovery drive so you can use it to refresh or reset your PC."

I tried it. It works.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.