Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Uninstall Your current touchpad driver.

Resources:

Uninstalling Software in Windows 7

Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

Only when You will do this install this one:

ALPS Touchpad  ver 7.202.1702.408 B for Win7 here

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Ok, same problem, but here's my specifics:

dv2718us, pn: KC463UA#aba

Scroll is not working, but everything else is.  I've tried the latest synaptics driver (and several older ones, too), and everything seems good except the scroll: when I try to adjust the settings, virtual scroll isn't even listed as an option, just the left and right buttons.  I've also tried the latest alps driver, which allows scroll to work, but the sensitivity is way too high, resulting in the cursor jumping all over the screen and it registering many unintended clicks.  Any suggestions?  Sorry if this has been covered previously, but I've been reading the boards and nothing seems to work for me.  Cheryl, if you're reading this, your previous responses about downgrading this machine to XP were incredibly useful!  Thanks in advance,

Tim

HP Recommended

@GaneshCommands,

Hi,

Which system are You using now?

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

@gbainscow wrote:

Hi Cheryl,

How do I get the function keys "brightness up" and "brightness down" to work.  I've spent hours changing power settings and I can only change the brightness in the sw.  The function key "dim/bright" toggle works.  I really appreciate your help.  I'm not an IT guy, but a quick learner.

Thanks, Geoff

You're welcome. For the other issues_you most likely need an updated graphics driver and new HP Quick Launch. All drivers for your machine and various oS's are posted  HERE

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Currently using Windows 7

HP Recommended

Uninstall ALPS and Synaptics drivers.

Resources:

Go to: Control Panel -> Devices Manager

If there will not be any yellow sign after that then start from point A.

If there is yellow sign then go to point B.

A

Restart Your system.

On boot press F8 and choose Safe mode.

Go to Control Panel -> Devices Manager -> Mouse and other pointing devices

and find there Your touchpad. Click on it with right button of Your mouse and choose uninstall driver.

B

Install this driver:

Alps touchpad here (ver 7.5.1711.118 A   for 32/64 bit Win7)

Restart Your system and this time start it in normal mode.

HP Recommended

Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of this driver.  I'm still having the same problem: the cursor is jumping all over the place while I hold my finger still.

HP Recommended

I have a tx2510us. I installed Win7 recently and just today (1/30/10) my touchpad suddenly stopped working. I did ALL the things on this board and nothing. I installed the ALPS link and nothing.

Under the mouse properties I dont even have a tab for Devise Settings anymore. When I installed the Synaptics drivers at least I got the devise settings but nothing appeared in the window under that tab?????????

what now??????????

HP Recommended

@correctkinex

Hi,

You've got Synaptics touchpad.

Uninstal ALPS and Synaptics drivers from Your system.

Resource:

Install this:

Synaptics touchpad here (ver 14.0.13.1 for 32/64 bit Win7)

HP Recommended

Hi there,

I have been experiencing the same problem here. After installing Windows 7, touch pad scrolling stopped working.

I'm a Compaq Preserio user. Not sure if this is the right place or not but wanted to give a shot...

Here's some details about my laptop:

Compaq Presario CQ60-420US

p/n: NW156UA#ABA

Window 7, 32 bit

Thanks for your time..

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.