Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i dont know if this will work for yall. However on my insperion i had the same issue. I hit the windows key and x then went to device manager and found my monitor driver set to standard i couoldnt understand why as i have a touchscreen and my human interface wasnt even included in a list. After scouring many forums, even here....i raged and i went back to my monitor and clicked the driver details and deleted said driver. Then i went on the prowl to find a new driver. After 20 minutes of no luck i did a update and went to dell support and did a driver update. Nothing was found and was told to me that all was normal and up to date. Now the funny thing is: is that i went back to my device manager details to do a driver search from the monitor section when i noticed that i now had a human interface section and no monitor section and my touch screen now works. SO ... idk up to you try what you may keep a driver backup idk.. delete the driver from monitor tab

HP Recommended

ive been having the same trouble on my hp envy but have finally sorted it

went into device manager

mice and pointing devices

under there was usb touchscreen controller

did update driver

browse my computer

let me pick

and select usb input device instead of touchscreen controller and works perfectly now

HP Recommended

augywrc--you solved it for me! Magically the HID appeared. Much thanks, and kudos! Shameful that neither HP nor MS were able to figure this out.

HP Recommended

This method.. worked like a Charm on my HP Pavillion Touchsmart. Kudos!! 

HP Recommended

@augywrc wrote:

went into device manager

did update driver

browse my computer

let me pick

and select usb input device instead of touchscreen controller and works perfectly now

Thank you!  This worked for me.  Got immediate touchscreen after making this update.

HP Recommended
Great news really glad its worked for other ppl as well been driving me mad for days
HP Recommended

when you say "let me pick and select usb input device instead of touchscreen controller and works perfectly now" what do you mean by that? where am i going to select usb input device?

HP Recommended

kian,

Follow these directions:

augywrc wrote:

went into device manager

did update driver

browse my computer

let me pick

When you get to browse my computer, you'll have the option to "let me pick" and then you select "usb input device" instead of "touchscreen controller."

HP Recommended

I virtually did the same but how the heck did I get toa sol,ution I cannot map. I do remember getting a new driver from HP. I am thankful it is almost there. I seem to have lost access to Ofiice... another project to get going on.

HP Recommended

same problem here. Have HP ENVY j001tx and touch function is not working properly in any application. It is able to select, but flicks etc are not working.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.