Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I am aware of the typos lol. But seeing as HP doesn't have an option to edit posts, so be it.

bye windows lovers 🙂
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with my HP Envy Touchsmart Laptop after updating to Windows 10.. Although, at times my touchscreen will work, but majority of the time it is completely unresponsive.

HP Recommended

my computer doesn't even show a touch screen. it thinks its not really a touch screen

HP Recommended

im the same boat

HP Recommended

I have an HP touchsmart sleekbook. I upgraded to Windows 10 months ago and both my touchscreen, touchpad, and mouse were working fine for months. Recently my touchscreen stopped working. the touch pad and mouse still seem to be working fine. Is some way the touchscreen can be turned off or on?

HP Recommended

I was having exactly  the same issues everyone was mentioning. After installing windows 10 on my Hp Pavilion 11t I lost my touchscreen drivers. It wasn't even detected under the HID or other inputs like the mouse and pointers.

After a good wile I was finally able to find a solution that worked for me and hopefully with any luck can work for you.

I went into device manager then updated my Intel HD graphics driver. ---Didnt fix the issue

Then opted to install HP Support Assistant

It updated my Intel Serial IO  and that did the trick---- I noticed ones it installed, Under the HID the touchscreen drivers where finally installed but not yet working until i restarted the computer.

So there you go Install the HP Support Assistant ( I think they finally updated it for windows 10 issues)

HP Recommended

Brilliant! This worked straight away. Thanks!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem I Installed windows 10 pro and right after it stopped working an is not reconized in the human interface? 

HP Recommended

The Problem I have is the HID Comliant Touch Screen not there anymore and it was there before??

HP Recommended

This issue is not isolated to HP notebooks. Check out the following Microsoft Answers Comunity thread. You may find the answer that resolves your issue within.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-desktop/touchscreen-not-working-after-wi...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.