Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15t-p100 CTO
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Downgrading from Win8.1 to Win7 x64 Pro. Found most drivers; used Lenovo's for the Realtek Ethernet controller and works well. Two unsolved problems remain under "Other Devices".

"Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller" has no driver. Seems odd, as "Generic USB Hub", "Intel 8 Series Enhanced Host Controller #1 - 9C26", "USB Composite Device" and "USB Root Hub" are all installed and responding. Tried sp61293.exe from another post, but OS not supported.

"Unknown device" listed. Properties show these fields: Hardware IDs "ACPI\HPQ6007" and "*HPQ6007", CONFIGFLAG_FAILEDINSTALL, \Device\00000054, Capabilities 00000020 CM_DEVCAP_SILENTINSTALL, DevNode Status 01802400 DN_HAS_PROBLEM DN_DISABLEABLE DN_NT_ENUMERATOR DN_NT_DRIVER, Problem code 00000012, Parent ACPI\PNP0A08\0, Siblings (numerous), Install error E0000203, other fields are bad GUIDs and unknown device coments.

Nice computer, needs nice OS.  Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can use all of the W7 x64 drivers and software (except the BIOS and firmware files) from the 15t-p000 on your model.

http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-15-p000-notebook-pc-series/6936226/m...

The unknown device needs this driver...

This package provides the HP 3D DriveGuard Software for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The HP 3D DriveGuard Software protects the hard drive by parking the heads if the notebook is accidentally dropped, or is abruptly impacted by another object.

File name: sp69011.exe

There are two usb3 drivers linked there.  I believe you need this one...

This package provides the Intel USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The driver enables USB 3.0 devices.

File name: sp68928.exe

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can use all of the W7 x64 drivers and software (except the BIOS and firmware files) from the 15t-p000 on your model.

http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-15-p000-notebook-pc-series/6936226/m...

The unknown device needs this driver...

This package provides the HP 3D DriveGuard Software for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The HP 3D DriveGuard Software protects the hard drive by parking the heads if the notebook is accidentally dropped, or is abruptly impacted by another object.

File name: sp69011.exe

There are two usb3 drivers linked there.  I believe you need this one...

This package provides the Intel USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The driver enables USB 3.0 devices.

File name: sp68928.exe

HP Recommended

My goodness - how nice to have a Win7 driver page available!  FYI, the dropdown at:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-15-p100-notebook-pc-series/7234915/model...

...does not show Win7. Seems like having it as a choice would reduce support burden for you. I understand it is a different platform, but hopefully you see the point.

Are the BIOS/firmware updates from the p100 page (link above) compatible with Win7 x64?

I'll try your suggestions and report my results. FYI, note that Synaptic pointer on my system works properly with mfr's package shown in another recent thread.

Excellent response time!

Many thx, RP

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

This is a peer to peer forum.

I do not work for or represent HP.

There are some models they support for W7, and some they don't.

Not sure why they don't have the W7 drivers linked to the p100 and p200 series when you can get them from the p000, but that isn't my call.

As for the BIOS updates, they used to specify what operating systems they were good for.

I see they no longer do (HP recently revised the support page layout), so I can't tell you what OS's they are good for.

You may want to run the exe file and on the beginning screen that opens, see if there is any info on there.

HP Recommended

Peer to peer?!?  You are one class act!

Confirming USB and disk park installs went well. Little Red Computer now ready for daughter heading to DC as an intern for the summer.

I'm not sure why you spend your time this way, but please accept my sincere gratitude for helping me (us) out of a jam.

RP et al

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

It's a hobby. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.