06-06-2012 08:14 PM
Hi All -
My daughter recently got an HP Envy Sleekbook for a new job. Part of the job is scientific research based and requires her to use ubuntu 12.04 linux. I was able to install this on an older HP laptop I have but I am having no luck on her new Envy. When I get to the step to install the OS to the hard drive, the laptop harddrive isn't a destination device option. The only device it sees is the DVD drive that contains the ubuntu 12.04 boot disk. When I go to the desktop from the dvd booted version, I can see the harddrive as /dev/sda. Any ideas on how to get ubuntu to recognize it?
06-07-2012 11:16 AM
I am an HP employee.
"I'm looking for a laptop that looks like it's wrapped in super-rich, smoothed out tangerine peels." -TheMusicMaker
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)