Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

hi all trying to boot my laptop up but cant i have disabled secure boot, but i have not got Legacy Support  in my bios can any one help thanks

HP Recommended

go to bios and select boot options then change the boot devices on the bottom of the screen with F5 or F6 and dont forget to enable legacy change both legacy and the other one to internal dvd drive the just press esc at startup and F9 go to boot menu sellect dvd drive there you go

HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you ever get your laptop to boot from a DVD?

I am having the EXACT same problem. I have tried several DVDs (all Linux live/install images), some written using the laptop, others written using another computer which I know reliably writes DVDs.

I have played around with ALL the boot options, including legacy, and whatever I do, the laptop completely refuses to boot from the DVD. The best I get is that the DVD fires up at boot time and looks promising, then Windows boots and the DVD keeps going!!!

I am now at the end of trying this. I plan to sell the laptop because it of absolutely no use to me like this.

Thanks,

jajae

HP Recommended

Hii

Visruth,

I read your question and its right. I read the whole discussion but I think that you didnt get satifactory answer...

so i want to tell u another answer of your problem.

Just open Startup menu by pressing Esc during boot than choose bios setup by using F10

now go to system configuration and than boot options

after that first you have to disable secure boot than enable legacy order

than set Internal CD/DVD ROM Drive at frist in both UEFI Boot order and Legacy Boot order than save all the changes 

Now restart the pc and insert bootable cd in drive 

and than after desktop is in Your front than go to PC setting > update and recovery > recovery

than in advance startup click on restart

than You come to see a option use a device click on it

than click on EFI DVD/CD ROM

than see than same error just press enter

now a new option will appear Internal CD/DVD rom drive

just select it

and ur PC will boot from CD

I hope this will help You

Thank you 

HP Recommended

I tried this, but it did not work for me...but with this, and something odd... I tried running a disk diagnostic again. Once I came out of it, the system them booted from CD.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.