04-01-2014 12:47 PM
My computer recently had to be shipped out for extended warranty repairs. When I got it back it only had the basic Windows 8 on it. And there was no longer a recovery drive d. I first downloaded and installed all available windows updates. Then, as it had none of the HP programs, I went to the HP windows and drivers support section and downloaded all the HP programs for this notebook. The first thing I noticed was that HP said I had a product model that did not match what was inside my battery case. After downloading the HP programs and installing them, I was told that I should update to Windows 8.1. But, when I tried to download 8.1, I was given an error message saying that it was unable to upgrade the software to 8.1. I am pretty sure that the problem lies in a conflict with one of the software programs I downloaded from HP, but I have no idea which one. Can anyone help me with this? I would greatly appreciate any help I can receive with this. Thank you for listening.
04-02-2014 01:31 PM
I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions.
I work on behalf of HP
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “thumbs up" button!
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)