Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I recently upgraded my DV2416us to Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit using the custom option. There were no glitches and the

whole process ran smoothly. Almost all the upgraded drivers auto updated through Windows Update. I did notice,

though, that there is still a device listed in Windows device manager under "Other Devices" that is "Unknown

Device". I can find no driver for this device and, if I uninstall it, upon rebooting, it reappears. The description

in device manager says:

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.
To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

Under the driver detail, it says:

Hardware IDs

ACPI\HPQ0006
*HPQ0006

What device is this and is there a driver which will work with it?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

BruvyT

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended
This is the QuickLaunch Buttons - SP45058
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
HP Recommended

Thank you! I had the same issue and it worked.

HP Recommended

Pavilion dv6z-1200

I have a similar problem,   Device driver not installing for Other Devices=on PCI standard ISA bridge

ENE0100

All other hardware works fine after I insatlled all drivers from HP and everything seems to work fine, just not sure what other hardware this laptop has as it's owner not sure what all it has.

Looks to be some sort of MB driver.

Need any more info I can reply..

Thanks,

HP Recommended

@keithsplace

Hi,

Download and install:

Ene Cir receiver here

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Thanks, it works nice.

GL

HP Recommended

Hi,

I hope this article will help you: Click here to read more

Windows 7, Vista, XP Driver for device ID ACPI\HPQ0006, HPQ0007

Regards

SiRu

"Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not HP." 🙂
HP Recommended

I found many people are still trying to find drivers for ACPI\HPQ0006 or ACPI\HPQ0007. So I just created a Post to find solution for this issue. Hope it helps you all. The link is provided below

http://www.tricksguide.com/windows-7vistaxp-driver-for-device-id-acpihpq0006-hpq0006.html

"Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not HP." 🙂
HP Recommended

I had the same problem and your answer was extremely helpful.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

what was that ACPI thingy for by the way?? :robotvery-happy:

:Wink:

______________From Cisco Philippines with Love__________________

** I am not employed by HP but I'll be glad to know that might I have helped **

mimiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.gif

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.