Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi Phil,

I tried something based on your ideas - browsed in my computer for Unknown Driver just using the path of ProgramData with the include subfolders box checked.  And the driver was successfully(?) updated.  The "Intel Technology Access TAP Driver (NDIS 6.30)" driver was installed.  The Unknown Device / Unknown Driver is gone.  Interesting.

What is this driver/device?

HP Recommended

Line29,

I would like to speak with you personally regarding this issue, i will personal message you requesting a time a date for us to discuss this issue. Thank you for your collaboration with me to solve this issue. I hope we speak personally in the future so that we can improve the support together regarding this issue. I have enjoyed working with you to provide a work around for other users. I am proud to know that IT support and customers can benefit an entire community. I look forward to speak with you personally.

Regards,

Phil

HP solutions support

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Official Solution:

1. Search for sp72320
2. Move this folder to the following directory In File Explorer, path C:\ProgramData\Package
3. Right click the 'Unknown Device' (Hardware ID  root\NetTap6) in device manager, select update driver software.
4. Select Browse my computer for driver software.
5. In the file path copy this directory path C:\ProgramData\Package

This should allow you install the Intel Technology Access TAP driver, which is what the unknown device is.

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you Phil.

Really appreciate all of the effort you put into this matter as well as your insight.

HP Recommended

Hi Phil: Can you please pin a solution to this issue? The driver you're referencing is only for line29's computer and won't work for the rest of us. This issue just started coming up for me, same file names in the Events and my systme is also experiencing random BSOD since the anniversary update. Thanks, Microsoft!  Anyway, since I've updated all my drivers from the HP site to the most current, I'm assuming at this point that this is my nemesis. I will uninstall it, reboot, things will be fine for a random amount of time and the POOF the BSOD. I've gone a whoel day! This Unknown Device can pop up after the BSOD reboot or not. Sometimes, I'm tooling along and check my Drivers, something I do obsessively now, and there it is all on its own. 

Screenshot_9.jpg

HP Recommended

My printer doesn't work.

There are 2 items with one with down arrow, one with ? under other device.

Property details

USB\VID_03F0&PID_C211&REV_0100&MI_00

USBPRINT\HPDeskjet_2540_serie13A2

Please help

HP Recommended

the driver in the device manager shows the code 10 error.
please help.
tried everything.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.