Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i have the same problem and my laptop is killing me witch BSoD. Please help me because i don't know what is the problem.

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5229&SUBSYS_183E103C&REV_01

HP Recommended
i forgot my laptop is: pavilion g6 2011sq
HP Recommended

i have an hp pavillion g6-1118tx notebook pc and there is a problem regarding unknown device in device manager displaying PCI device which showcase it is not installed.the H/W id is 

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5209&SUBSYS_1670103C&REV_01. please help me with the device driver software

HP Recommended

Hello MazharAliPanju.  I understand you need a driver for the listed Hardware ID.

I believe the hardware you listed is the "Realtek Card Reader."  Here is the driver for Windows 8.

Let me know if this works.  If you want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me a Kudos.

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

I hv an hp pavillion g6-1118tx notebook pc and have installed  all driver software but its still showing PCI device in other devices.The h/w id is PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5209&SUBSYS_1670103C&REV_01 and i cud not find the driver s/w for it.

plz help

HP Recommended

Hello again MazharAliPanju.

Did you try installing this device driver that I linked to above?  

If that doesn't work you could try running HP Support Assistant to locate the missing drivers for you.

Let me know if this helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

HP Recommended

I have the same issue and i have an hp pavillion g6-1118tx notebook pc.The device manager is showing an unknown device with h/w id PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5209&SUBSYS_1670103C&REV_01. plz provide me the driver s/w link.

HP Recommended

First you need to install the Realtek Card Reader driver:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59001-59500/sp59191.exe

Save the file to desktop then install it. Once you install any HP desktop or notebook driver, it will create a new folder in C:\swsetup\ which contains the .inf extension file(driver information file).

Using this .inf file, we can update the driver manually from device manager window.

Go to Control Panel >> Search for Device Manager.

In Device Manager, right click on the Unknown Device entry which has yellow exclamation mark.

Select Update driver software option which allows you to manually select a location where you’ve downloaded drivers.

Next, on the Browse for driver software on your computer window, click or touch Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, located near the bottom of the window.

In the next window labeled Browse for driver software on your computer, click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, located at the bottom of the window.

Click the Have Disk... button located under the text box.

Click the Browse... button on the Install From Disk dialog box that appeared.

Using Browse window, go to the C:\swsetup\sp59191\ (C is the drive where Windows 8 is installed, if you installed it on D drive, then you need to search for the folder in D:\swsetup\  folder.

In that you will find an .inf file(You can find wheel like symbol on it).

Select that file and click on Open button.

Click the OK button back on the Install From Disk dialog box.

Choose the newly added hardware in the text box and then click the Next > button.

If you're prompted with a message warning you about how the device driver may not be compatible with your hardware, click the Yes button to continue installing the driver. Many drivers are not Windows 7 certified but are still perfectly safe to install.

The Windows Update Driver Software wizard will now use the instructions provided in the INF file from Step 10 to install the updated drivers for your hardware.

You may be prompted to restart your computer after the driver update is complete.

Try these steps and let me know the result.

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended

Hello again MazharAliPanju.

What happens when you try to install the driver I listed above?  Do you get an error?  Does it fail to install?

The Hardware ID "PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5209&SUBSYS_1670103C&REV_01" refers to the Realtek PCI Card Reader.   Here is a link to the driver.

Have a great day. 

HP Recommended

I have tried to install the software but it's not accepting the driver s/w

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.