Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

ENE CIR Rec:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp44501-45000/sp44983.exe

HP ProtectSmart:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501/sp45501.exe

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I have the same problem on my dv6-2193 el with win 8 enterprise:

--unknown device with this detail:

on Intel(R) PM55 Express Chipset LPC Interface Controller - 3B03

ACPI\VEN_ENE&DEV_0100
ACPI\ENE0100
*ENE0100

Help ! There is any driver available.

Thanks..

HP Recommended

Hello caste.  I can not find a Windows 8 specific driver for this hardware.  However, you can try using the Windows 7 driver in compatibility mode.  Some users report success with this workaround.  Try the following.

1. Download the Windows 7 driver from here.  Save it to your desktop.
  2. Run the download and allow it to extract but cancel the installation when it begins.
  3. Navigate to C:\swsetup\sp45629.  
  4. Right click on setup.exe and select Properties.
  5. Navigate to the Compatibility tab.  
  6. Check "Run this program in compatibility mode for..." and then select "Windows 7" from the drop down box.
  7. Also, make sure to check "Run this program as administrator" towards the bottom.
  8. Run setup.exe.
  9. After it is complete reboot your notebook and verify that this resolves the issue.
  10. Post the result.

I hope this information is helpful; I will keep an eye out for your reply.  I hope you have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have try this solution with no success. 

The device is always in state unkwoun.

Can you suggest me another way to try?

Thanks in advance

Caste

HP Recommended
Hello again caste.

Try downloading, installing, and running HP Support Assistant. It may be able to locate a more appropriate driver for you. Let me know the result.

I'll keep an eye on the thread and wait for your response.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

Hello again, 

I have try Hp assistant, but nothing to do. The device is always in status unkwoun.

Thanks 

caste 

HP Recommended

Intel(R) ICH9M LPC Interface Controller - 2919

link doawnload 

pc dv6-1355dx

HP Recommended

on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System

unknow device plz help

windows 8

dv6-7101tx

HP Recommended

Hi Funnybitter,

I understand you are having an issue with your computer showing unknown device

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System. If you follow this Microsoft document it will help you resolve the issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_file_and_folder_diag

Please let me know if you require further assistance

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.