Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@canog

Hi,

You will solve this problem by installing HP Quick Lunch Buttons.

If you don't know how to find correct one then please write your notebook product number (p/n). You'll find it at the bottom of the laptop on a sticker.

Resource:
How to Locate the Notebook product number (p/n)

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

@apis wrote:
On device manager in computer management it show Unknown device on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System for F731au after installing win7. hope someone can help me solve this problem

give me pleace

HP Recommended

: Unknown device on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System Vista 32

HP Recommended

please i have a problem , i need help.

HP Recommended

hii i formatted my hp pavilion dv9000 and installed XP on it  and from then the either net is not  installed and also the audio devise and there is an unknown device  how can I solve all this problems and can you send me the drives that could work them

HP Recommended

Unknown device on microsoft ACPI-Compliant System

Device Instance Id ACPI\AWY0001|2&DABA3FF&0

does anyone know how to fix this?

HP Recommended

Hello,

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=ACPI%5CAWY0001

Try installing this driver.

It enables power options such as hibernation.

You can download it and manually install the driver by showing the driver path.

OR

You can just run windows updates and install.  

I feel like asking for thumbs up after I tell you to mark my post as Kudos if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended

this is what i got from the link,

-If you prefer to use a different Web browser, you can get updates from the Microsoft Download Center.

-To use this Web site's full functionality, you must be running Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later.
-To upgrade to the latest version of the browser, go to the Internet Explorer Downloads Website.
i already installed all the updates from windows and still no luck. it all started after i made a clean format of my rig (compaq sr1917cl) from windows media center to windows professional. 
HP Recommended

Alright,

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1G61GJ1E

here you go dude. 

I feel like asking for thumbs up after I tell you to mark my post as Kudos if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended

it worked! thanks a million dude! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.