Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi there after i got last windos update i have a problem i cant fix by my self anny ides

this is my problems: Unknown device on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System

i have deform my computer reinstal every thing get i get this problem.

HP Recommended

Hello igatso.  I understand you have an Unknown Device in your Device Manager.  

What operating system are you using? 

What notebook do you own?  It is most helpful if you identify the notebook by product number.  This document can show you where it is located.  

I will need the Hardware IDs for the device in order to locate the drivers.  Here is how you can locate the hardware IDs.  

1. Open your Device Manager.
  2. Expand the section containing the "Unknown Device."
  3. Right click on the device and select "Properties."
  4. Navigate to the "Details" tab.
  5. Select "Hardware Ids" from the drop-down menu.
  6. Post what is listed here.

I will keep an eye out for your reply.  I hope you have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

hi does anybody know the driver

HP Recommended

Hello simon73.  I understand you're searching for a driver.

The easiest way for me to locate a driver for you is by the Hardware ID.  Please follow these instructions to locate the ID for me.

1. Open your Device Manager.
  2. Expand the section containing the "Unknown Device."
  3. Right click on the device and select "Properties."
  4. Navigate to the "Details" tab.
  5. Select "Hardware Ids" from the drop-down menu.
  6. Post what is listed here.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.  Have a great day!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

i am unable to install the drivers for :unknown device in microsoft acpi-compliant system for windows 8

HP Recommended

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System, drivers for this location are missing and i need the direct download link for it.

thanks.

please use my facebook id to inform me about the solution as well besides putting your answer here in the wider interest of general public.

my facebook: {Personal Information Removed}

regards 

HP Recommended

Hi Piremran,

I would be happy to assist if needed. Please let me know what is your model number and current operating system? Here is a link that will help you find that out.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Your Microsoft updates should pull in the correct drivers.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

kindly tellme what is the solution code 28 ???

HP Recommended

ACPI\HPQ0004\2&DABA3FF&2. There was window 8 32bit installed in my computer.

HP Recommended

ACPI\HPQ0004\2&DABA3FF&2

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.