Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion dv6699ed

After a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate 32, and updated drivers/software for the quick launch buttons and fingerprintdevice, I still have 2 unknown devices:

PCI bus 9, device 9, function 2

PCI bus 9, device 9, function 3

For both devices it shows that the drivers are not installed.

Can you help me by telling what devices are and which drivers I need to install ?

Thanks in advance.

Frans

Message Edited by cowkof on 12-01-2009 09:29 AM
Message Edited by cowkof on 12-01-2009 09:58 AM
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Install HP Vista card reader driver for Your model to solve problem with Base System Device:

Ricoh 5-1 Card Reader Driver here 

When there will be some kind of problems with installation then try to run it in Vista compatibility mode.

Resources:

How to Run a Program in Compatibility Mode in Windows 7

Make older programs run in this version of Windows

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended
Vista? Or do you mean to say Windows 7?
**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Hi,

I can't find driver for my laptop ( Hp Pavilion Dv6625ez )

I have problem whith NVIDIA nForce System Management Controller not Compatible ( windows 7 x86  proffesional)

Can you help me?

Message Edited by luan on 12-01-2009 10:02 AM
Message Edited by luan on 12-01-2009 10:02 AM
HP Recommended

Sorry, off course I meant 'Windows 7' instead of 'Vista'.

I will edit my main message as well.

HP Recommended

Try installing chipset driver...

Intel ICH8 Chipset Driver:
http://downloadmirror.intel.com/18052/a08/infinst911_autol.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Hi,

Go to Control Panel -> Devices Manager

Click with right button of Your mouse on each yellow sign and choose properties. Then go to bottom details and paste here Hardware Ids. This way we will know what it is.

Below You've got example how to do it:

Device ID

Device ID

Device ID

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Hello

Installing the Intel drivers didn't solve the problem.

The hardware id's as asked by Daniel_Potyrala are:

USB\VID_03F0&PID_171D&REV_0100

USB\VID_03F0&PID_171D

I have to say that it is a HP Integrated Bluetooth Module (and not a Thinkpad)

Thanks for a second look.

PS

A link to a Screenprint with the hardware id's

HP Recommended

Install HP Vista card reader driver for Your model to solve problem with Base System Device:

Ricoh 5-1 Card Reader Driver here 

When there will be some kind of problems with installation then try to run it in Vista compatibility mode.

Resources:

How to Run a Program in Compatibility Mode in Windows 7

Make older programs run in this version of Windows

HP Recommended

Problem solved !!!!

Thanks for the quick and good help.

Frans

HP Recommended

Your welcome.:)

Happy Win7. 😉

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.