04-04-2013 06:33 AM
i have a HP ENVY 17-2099el Notebook PC
i have installed windows 7 64-bit
i want to upgrade it to windows 8.
but the drivers (Link) Is only avilabe for windows 7-64Bit.
Should I Upgrade?
04-04-2013 06:40 AM - edited 04-04-2013 06:53 AM
I can't find a W8 graphics driver for your model, so no, I would not recommend upgrading your model to W8.
...And below is a link to a post where someone with the same model series and video adapter installed W8, and since there is no W8 video driver for the HD6850, the graphics doesn't work.
04-04-2013 07:21 AM
You're very welcome.
Since I don't work for HP, I cannot say whether or not HP plans to release any W8 drivers for the 6850M graphics adapter.
I would say that it is a safe bet that since they haven't done so by now, they never will.
04-05-2013 07:29 AM
Paul is correct. I would not recommend upgrading to Windows 8.
You can run the Upgrade assistant software, which will scan your PC and generate a report on what is currently installed on your PC is compatible with Windows 8.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)