Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

After the Recovery, I lost my Microsoft Office Starter for word, anyone know where I could download one?

Thank-you

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hello ZenUser,

I understand you looking to download Microsoft Office starter.

If you did a recovery with the built in recovery partition or recovery disk created from the system or purchased from HP. You should be able to go to start, all programs, scroll down to Microsoft Office 2010 click it, and then a box should come up and give you 3 options. Click on Use office starter 2010 which should be the 3rd option. From there just follow the prompts.

Again this will all depend on how you did the recovery.

Let me know if this helps you.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply Redrose,

It did not see Microsoft Office 2010 after I did the Recovery.  I was using the Office Starter prior to the Recovery, so assuming the Office Starter or Office 2010 did not copy into the Recovery disk.   

Is there anyway I could down a copy?

thanks again

HP Recommended

Thank you for your quick reply.

Because I’m not 100% certain how you ran the recovery, you have 2 ways of getting this corrected. First option would be to order the original factory created disc from HP and run those disc then use the same steps that I posted a little while ago and you should be able to get it back. Because that program is pre-installed on PC’s when first purchased there isn’t an online download that will install it.

Second option would be to use the free openoffice.org program which is pretty much a 3rd party program very similar to word. Link below will place you on the site to download. 

Open Office Download

Try one of the two options above and they will resolve your issue.

Thanks 

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

I am trying to order a Recovery disk using your instruction, after I entered my serial #, I got this message

HP was unable to find the page you wanted. Please view the information below to get support for your product.

HP Recommended

Download Office Starter here:

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/officestarter.html

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
During the "installing your Office Programs......"

Step 3 of 4: (27%)

It stops, and nothing else happen for hours.

I tried to install Office from another website, same thing happened.
HP Recommended

Hello ZenUser, 

Were you able to get that download to go through that CherylG provided for you? 

Please respond at your earliest convenience. 

Thanks 

HP Recommended

Hi,

No, during the download process, at

step 3 of 4:  (0%)

I got an error popup and told me to contact Microsoft

HP Recommended

Where you able to order the recovery disk online? If you couldn't do so through the site you might want to consider calling the HP help desk. Phone number 1-800-474-6836..

Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.