11-17-2012 01:59 PM
Just wanted to know which dvd's to buy for making back up program disc for a Windows 8, HP 2000 Notebook PC? Do I buy dvd+ or dvd-? Meaning a plus or a minus dvd? I want to load the Windows 8 program on to a dvd in case a virus attacks my computer and I have to reinstall the whole computer program.
Mikipups, or Susie
Please see the info at the link below.
While HP states you can use either DVD+R or DVD-R, HP recommends using blank DVD+R discs.
Use a name-brand label from a manufacturer you trust, as these recovery DVDs are very important.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)